Sometimes the life we THINK we are meant to live is not the one that is truly meant for us.
You may never be able to be 100% certain that your definition of extraordinary living is right for you, but you should at least invest the time and energy into being as logical and wise as possible before turning your life upside down for it.
If you have some idea of what extraordinary living might look like for you, it’s time to challenge those ideas before you take major action.
If you are ready to take make significant changes in order to pursue the life you are meant to live, stop and take a second to ask yourself the questions below before you act. So get out your Rare Existence Project Notebook (OK , I know you’re excited about that but you can stop cheering now) because I definitely recommend writing out the answers for thinking clarity and to have the ability to look back on your answers in the future.
- What is my main goal in life? Does this path take me towards it?
- Do I have the skills necessary to succeed at this?
- Do I enjoy the things necessary to do this?
- What will the most difficult tasks be and can I still accomplish them?
- Will this be harmful to those around me? Will NOT doing this be harmful to those around me?
- What are the sacrifices I will need to make and can I handle those?
- What are the benefits of this path to me and my loved ones?
- What is the worst case scenario that can happen and will I come out of that OK?
- Do people who have my best interest at heart think this is a good idea?
- Does this decision support my beliefs about life, family, morals, religion, etc?
- Is my significant other willing to go through this with me?
- Do I have at least one person who will help support me through this?
If some of the answers to those questions didn’t come out exactly like you would’ve hoped, don’t get discouraged but also don’t ignore them.
Take the time to process it. The issues that arose from answering those questions may be very important and you need to decide if they are significant enough to cause you to re-think your definition of extraordinary living.
Don’t be afraid to ask the questions. If you find you are headed down the wrong path, it’s definitely best to acknowledge that and turn around sooner rather than later. If you find you are headed down the right path, then the more confident you can be in that, the more effective you’ll be. Either way, challenging your ideas from time to time will only increase the chance that you will be free to head strongly in the right direction and that you will live the life you are TRULY meant to be living.